Construction Testing Solutions is committed to operating in a socially and environmentally responsible manner throughout its operations and to continue to improve its performance throughout all of our operational activities and facilities.
Utilising the skills of our geotechnical and environmental engineering departments, the company contributes in a practical way towards sustainable development.
This Sustainability Policy has been approved by the Chief Executive Officer and it is supported by a number of other policies such as our Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Environmental Management Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy, Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy and Quality Management Policy.
Sustainability Objectives and Principles
As a responsible company we will:
- Comply with all relevant legislation.
- Adopt sound business ethics to provide a high-quality service efficiently and profitably.
- Maintain our internal quality, environmental and health & safety management systems.
- Work towards reducing our carbon footprint.
- Set Key performance indicators (KPIs) for environmental, social and employment issues against which we can measure our progress.
- Engage with our peer group through membership of appropriate organisations.
- Review our supply chain with regards to sustainability.
As a trusted employer we will:
- Minimise the risk of accidents and work-related ill health for our employees and proactively seek to improve performance.
- Employ a diverse workforce and ensure all personnel are treated equally.
- Continue to provide statutory and career development training to our staff to enable them to fulfil their potential.
- Seek to promote sustainability within our workforce through regular and varied communication on the issues involved and encourage dialogue within the employee forum.
As a contractor we will:
- Identify any sustainability issues or opportunities for improvement, at an early stage and seek to work with the client to improve the sustainability credentials for the project.
- As appropriate demonstrate sustainability benefits during the tender process and continue to influence sustainability issues during the various processes
- Minimise the use of energy, materials and water
- Avoid adverse impacts on land, air and water and minimise waste generation.
As part of the community we will:
- Wherever appropriate, employee from the local area.
- Be a considerate neighbour during site operations by minimising the environmental impacts on the site.
The Chief Executive Officer has the overall responsibility for the Sustainability Policy and encouraging commitment by personnel at all levels of the Company.
The Management Representatives are responsible for the formulation, development, co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of the policy throughout the organisation.
Senior management are expected to demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the Sustainability Policy by:
- Taking accountability for promoting, developing and implementing sustainability initiatives where possible
- Ensuring that sustainability objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the Organisation
- Ensuring the integration of sustainability requirements into the Organisation’s business processes
- Ensuring that the Sustainability Policy achieves its intended outcomes
- Directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of sustainability objectives
- Promoting continual improvement
- Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
All employees, contractors and visitors are responsible for the success of the policy implementation by being aware of their responsibilities for sustainable development and cooperating with any company initiatives as implemented.
Communication and Review
The Sustainability Policy is communicated to all employees, contractors and visitors. A copy is displayed on employee notice boards at each regional office and laboratory, published on the internal company shared drive and made available in the company’s HR management systems. All employees are required to be aware of the content and communicate any queries to their line manager.
Copies shall be made available to interested parties on request and a copy is published on the company website.
This Sustainability Policy is evaluated at least annually as part of the overall annual review of the Company’s Management Systems to ensure its stated objectives are met.
Chief Executive Officer
29th January 2021